Getting Out of the House in the Morning

The easiest thing for me is having things ready the night before. This means clothes picked out, lunches made, backpacks and shoes by the back door. It saves so much time.

I'm also a big fan of timers. I have to be out the door by 7:30. At 7:20 the kitchen timer beeps and it is time to brush teeth and put shoes on.

I notice a HUGE difference in mornings when I don't have things ready compared to a morning where everything is ready to go. I never make it out the door on time, if I don't have things ready.

The other thing I do, is I tell my children that if they are not ready at 7:30 when I'm ready, their dad will be happy to take them to school. For some reason, this has worked!?!? I'm not really sure how it has worked! I'd LOVE it if he did drop-off in the morning, but so far, that hasn't happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment